Meet our Team of Experienced Professionals.
Club Spa & Fitness Association Board Member
- From: Trujillo, Peru. I also lived in Chicago for 15 years before moving to Florida in 2010.
- Service Specialty & Certifications: Fitness Management, Wellness Consulting, Kinesiology (Human Movement Science), Strength & Conditioning, Integrative Movement/Corrective Exercise, Swimming, Aquatics and Holistic Fitness.
- Experience: 20 years of coaching and 5 years of management experience.
- My Philosophy: I promote a holistic approach to fitness and wellness. This means considering multiple aspects of fitness training, healthy eating and smart lifestyle habits. I define fitness as the pursuit of health, beauty and performance. We achieve wellness through a comprehensive approach, which includes physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual awareness.
“The Ocean Reef Club has one of the most beautiful private fitness centers in the country. Its environment is friendly, upbeat and inspiring. Member engagement in fitness at ORC grows every season and so do our service offerings, equipment and special events. We are committed to improving the quality of life of every Member of our Club.”
- From: Born in Miami, FL, but raised a die-hard Buffalo Bill.
- Service Specialty & Certifications: Fitness Specialist, Schwinn Bike Instructor certified, Green Belt Holder in the Marine Corp mixed martial arts program.
- Experience: Over 6 years of work experience and over 12 years of Personal Experience in this field.
- My Philosophy: I love being a part of the process an individual goes through on the road to a healthier lifestyle. Witnessing the first few days of reluctance or quiet reservation transform into a person that is full of vitality and exudes self-confidence is a beautiful experience to be hold.
"I take great pride in having the opportunity to help inspire and motivate people to achieve their goals, fitness or otherwise."
- From: New Orleans Area
- Service Specialty & Certifications: Pilates (10 Years), Aquatic Therapy (20 Years), Synchronized Swimming (35 Years), and Swim Lessons (40 years).
- Experience: 40 Years
- My Philosophy: I love the combination of Pilates and Swimming exercise and what they do for your body. Introducing these 2 forms of exercise to our members is very satisfying and rewarding. It’s very important to me that people find a program of exercise that they can stick to for life and see results.
"Again helping members finding that exercise program that works for them. Now with our new amazing Pilates’ Studio we can truly introduce Pilates to our Ocean Reef Members."
- From: Originally from Quebec, Canada; came to Florida in 1979.
- Service Specialty & Certifications: Personal training (15 years), Zumba instructor, Spin instructor (10 years), American Karate Academy (cardio-karate), Nutrition & weight-loss counselor, "Training Over Fifty", Balanced Body & Reformer, Movement Principle , Group exercise (kettlebell, aqua strength, resistance cord, step, boot camp, Tabata, HIIT, TRX).
- Experience: I have 25 years in the field of customer service and I came to Ocean Reef from the Terra Vista Tennis & Golf Club where I worked for seven years. In addition, for seven years I produced quarterly newsletters on diet and exercise for a local dentist.
- My Philosophy: I get great satisfaction from helping others reach their personal exercise goals and I am happiest when I know that I have had something to do with their success.
- From: Queens, NY. I retired from Verizon after 25 years of dedicated operational and customer service experience.
- Service Specialty & Certifications: Personal Training; Group Training classes including Muscle Confusion; Bootcamp and Reefrunner group.
- Experience: I have been a competitive runner since the 8th grade competing in the 1st NY Colgate Womens Games 400/800 meter. I was ranked 20th in the nation in competitive powerlifing bench press in 2001 and competed in bodybuilding in the natural over 35 division.
- My Philosophy: My clientele includes all fitness levels. It is awesome to see such great improvements due to the dedication and chemistry between trainer and client. When I train clients who have never been athletic, I feel honored to be a part of their physical transformation.
"Fitness has always been a part of my life. I am a seasoned competitive runner and I love the benefits of working out. The sky is the limit when it comes to self improvement. WE will work together to exceed your physical and fitness expectations."
- From: Born in Miami, Florida, raised in Gainesville, Florida.
- Service Specialty & Certifications: Personal Trainer, weight loss and overall conditioning, focus on functional movement with emphasis on proper technique.
- Experience: I played baseball at the collegiate level and have witnessed injury after injury from putting one’s body in an unnatural position. I have shadowed physical therapists, and have been a private pitching and conditioning coach for kids 12-16 years old for two years.
- My Philosophy: Surround yourself with people who truly care about you, people who promote a physically and mentally “HEALTHIER YOU”.
“Your mind is everything. If you can’t believe you can do something, then you can’t. The Fitness Team here at Ocean Reef has nothing but a positive drive to better your mind and your body.”
- From: Key Largo, Florida.
- Service Specialty & Certifications: Dance Instructor 16+ years, AFAA Certified Group Exercise Instructor 7+ years, First Aid & BLS/CPR Certifications 7+ years, Licensed Zumba Instructor 5+ years, Independently Operated Fitness Studio Owner 4+ years, AFAA Certified Personal Trainer 3+ years, American Red Cross Lifeguard 3+ years.
- My Philosophy: I am passionate about fitness and wellness. Lifestyle is vital in maintaining a healthy mind and body. Energy and activity level determine ability. Motivation gives us purpose. Positivity keeps us feeling alive. The joy is in the journey. With consistency you will achieve progressive results. I know a diet of lean meat, whole grains, fruits and vegetables is nutritious for me. I avoid drinking alcohol, coffee, or soda. As a professional Fitness Specialist in this community I truly enjoy fitness training with individuals and teaching group exercise classes with people of all ages.
"The aspect that I like best about working with people is engaging adults and children in understanding the benefits of exercise, movement and proper diet for their overall optimal health, while helping them to improve performance of their bodies to achieve and maintain the body shape they desire. I am grateful to continue to have the opportunity to help others reach their goals."
- From: New Hampshire.
- Service Specialty & Certifications: Yoga Instructor, Yoga for Athletes, Personal Trainer, Group Exercise, Foam Rolling, Parkinson’s Disease Symptom Specific Fitness, Yoga for Parkinson’s.
- My Philosophy: I grew up practicing dance, Taekwondo, field hockey cheerleading and gymnastics. The human body has always been a passion of mine. My goal is to help create a happier healthier version of yourself! I believe in the balance of it all: strength and cardiovascular training, mobility/flexibility, balance, nutrition, breath and mind practice. Making time for yourself will ultimately lead you to improving and enjoying every aspect of your life! By becoming a better listener to our bodies’ subtle messages we can both prevent injury and create infinite progress.
"You are the author of each moment you live."
| ||Eileen Daley|
- From: Eileen moved to Venice, Florida from Narrowsburg, New York when she was 11 before making her way down to the Keys three years ago.
- Service Specialty & Certifications: Yoga Therapy for Health Conditions & Personal Training with a focus on corrective exercise and conditioning. Eileen is an advanced RYT500 Yoga Teacher, and will soon be a Certified IAYT Yoga Therapist at the 1000 hour level. She is a certified personal trainer through NASM, and has further training in Thai Massage, Paddleboard Yoga, and Yoga Therapy for Mental Health conditions.
- Experience: 3+ years of coaching/teaching, with over 1000 hours of experience addressing various health conditions such as MS, cancer, Parkinson's, postural issues, muscular imbalances/injuries, and more.
- My Philosophy: I address health and wellbeing holistically, by considering the mental and physical aspects of a client's life that may be affecting his/her health.
“It is my mission to offer the space for clients to feel cared for and supported in all ways while working to achieve their goals. After assessing a client's posture, I will be able to address what's going on through stretching, strengthening, and breathing techniques. It is my aim to assist in helping clients develop a deeper sense of appreciation for what their bodies can do, while working to better their health in a way that is nourishing and sustainable."
| || Paola Knapp|
- From: Born and raised in Florida
- Service Specialty & Certifications: 200 Hour Alliance Yoga Instructor, LifeBreath Facilitator, Parkinson’s Disease Fitness Certified, Student, Enthusiast of Passion-lighting the fire within us.
- My Philosophy: I’m a firm believer, as clique as this may sound, in the magic we hold within ourselves. We have the opportunities to create an oxygen-rich, lush environment that sprouts, grows and nourishes. Through the power of beautiful thoughts, movement and breath, we ignite and allow it to grow inside like wildfire. With this belief along with action we can get a micro step closer to achieving and experiencing all the wonders and hidden treasures of this extraordinary gift we call life! It begins with a breath in through your nose, along with a decision. The rest will follow.
“If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."