Meet our Team of Experienced Professionals.
- From: Trujillo, Peru. I also lived in Chicago for 15 years before moving to Florida in 2010.
- Service Specialty: Kinesiology (Human Movement Science), Integrative Movement/Corrective Exercise, Strength and Conditioning, Sports Nutrition, Swim Coach and Aquatics, Athletic Performance and Sport Specific Training
- Experience:15 years of coaching experience
- My Philosophy: I love the challenge of coaching people to perform and feel better. I believe that the application of principles of kinesiology create efficient and safe fitness programs. Also, I try to turn each session into a training experience by becoming fully engaged and focused on my client’s goals.
"As a coach I can develop programs that improve all aspects of fitness including strength, flexibility, balance, stamina and mobility. As a manager I can match members with the right trainer for each person. We have an amazing fitness team and I am proud to be a part of it."
- From: Maine
- Service Specialty:
- Personal Trainer 25 years
- Martial Arts Instructor 35 years
- Group Exercise Instructor 35 years
(step, boot camp, cardio kick boxing, strength, fitness-dance, circuit, etc.)
- Tai Chi Instructor 25 years
- Cycle Instructor 4 years
- Lifebreath Facilitator 20 years
- Nutritional Counselor 10 years
- LB LifeCoach 20 years
- Speaker / Lecturer 20 years
- My Philosophy: I love my JOB (joy of being). Where else could a person help people become healthier and happier more effectively?I love the diversity of working with all levels of fitness and wellness, coaching members physically, mentally, emotionally and even spiritually - personalizing each class and workout to their needs. I also truly enjoy leading our world-class fitness team as the manager and head personal trainer for the Ocean Reef Club.
"Taking a holistic and wide-spectrum view, I believe my fitness team, through both classes and personal training, can assist members and guests reach their fitness and wellness goals. All of our trainers and instructors have great strengths - members just need to find their personal favorites."
- From: Born in Miami, FL, but raised a die-hard Buffalo Bill.
- Service Specialty: Fitness Specialist, Schwinn Bike Instructor certified, Green Belt Holder in the Marine Corp mixed martial arts program.
- Experience: Over 6 years of work experience and over 12 years of Personal Experience in this field.
- My Philosophy: I love being a part of the process an individual goes through on the road to a healthier lifestyle. Witnessing the first few days of reluctance or quiet reservation transform into a person that is full of vitality and exudes self-confidence is a beautiful experience to be hold.
"I take great pride in having the opportunity to help inspire and motivate people to achieve their goals, fitness or otherwise."
- From: New Orleans Area
- Service Specialty: Pilates (10 Years), Aquatic Therapy (20 Years), Synchronized Swimming (35 Years), and Swim Lessons (40 years).
- Experience: 40 Years
- My Philosophy: I love the combination of Pilates and Swimming exercise and what they do for your body. Introducing these 2 forms of exercise to our members is very satisfying and rewarding. It’s very important to me that people find a program of exercise that they can stick to for life and see results.
"Again helping members finding that exercise program that works for them. Now with our new amazing Pilates’ Studio we can truly introduce Pilates to our Ocean Reef Members."
- Originally from Quebec, Canada; came to Florida in 1979
- Twenty-five years in the field of Customer Service
- Came to Ocean Reef from the Terra Vista Tennis & Golf Club, where I worked for 7 years
- Specialties and certifications: Personal training (15 years), Zumba instructor, Spin instructor (10 years), American Karate Academy (cardio-karate), Nutrition & weight-loss counselor , "Training Over Fifty", Balanced Body & Reformer, Movement Principle , Group exercise (kettlebell, aqua strength, resistance cord, step, boot camp, Tabata, HIIT, TRX)
- Produced quarterly newsletter on diet & exercise for local dentist (7 years)
- My Philosophy: I get great satisfaction from helping others to reach their personal exercise goals and I am happiest when I know that I have had something to do with their success.
"I get great satisfaction from helping others to reach their personal goal. Am happiest when I know that I have something to do with their success."
- From Queens, NY. I retired from Verizon after 25 years of dedicated operational and customer service experience
- Service Specialty: Personal Training; Group Training classes including Muscle Confusion; Bootcamp and Reefrunner group
- Experience: I have been a competitive runner since the 8th grade competing in the 1st NY Colgate Womens Games 400/800 meter. I was ranked 20th in the nation in competitive powerlifing bench press in 2001 and competed in bodybuilding in the Natural over 35yo division.
- My Philosophy: My clientele includes all fitness levels. It is awesome to see such great improvements due to the dedication and chemistry between trainer and client. When I train clients who have never been athletic, I feel honored to be a part of their physical transformation.
"Fitness has always been a part of my life. I am a seasoned competitive runner and I love the benefits of working out. The sky is the limit when it comes to self improvement. WE will work together to exceed your physical and fitness expectations."
- From: Born in Miami, Florida, raised in Gainesville, Florida
- Service Specialty: Personal Trainer, Weight Loss & Overall Conditioning, focus on Functional movement with emphasis on proper technique.
- Experience: I played baseball at the collegiate level and have witnessed injury after injury from putting one’s body in an unnatural position. I have shadowed physical therapists, and have been a private pitching and conditioning coach for kids 12-16 years old for 2 years. I am very excited to be here at Ocean Reef.
- My philosophy: Surround yourself with people who truly care about you, people who promote a physically and mentally “HEALTHIER YOU”.
“Your mind is everything, if you can’t believe you can do something, then you can’t. The Fitness team here at Ocean Reef has nothing but a positive drive to better your mind and your body.”
- From Key Largo, Florida - born and raised a Florida Keys Girl
- Service Specialty at Ocean Reef - Yoga Instructor. Standup Paddle Specialist offering Standup Paddle Yoga, Fitness, and Coaching.
- Experience: RYT200 with 12 years Yoga experience. Internationally ranked competitive Standup Paddle Athlete.
- Philosophy: If you believe it, it’s true. The Human body is limitless if you have faith, determination, and work hard to achieve your goals every single day.
"I want to inspire and help you to be the best version of yourself that you can possibly be. Fitness can be fun. Breathe and Smile."
- From Key Largo, Florida
- Service Specialty & Experience - Dance Instructor 16+ years, AFAA Certified Group Exercise Instructor 7+ years, First Aid & BLS/CPR Certifications 7+ years, Licensed Zumba Instructor 5+ years, Independently Operated Fitness Studio Owner 4+ years, AFAA Certified Personal Trainer 3+ years, American Red Cross Lifeguard 3+ years
- Philosophy: I am passionate about fitness and wellness. Lifestyle is vital in maintaining a healthy mind and body. Energy and activity level determine ability. Motivation gives us purpose. Positivity keeps us feeling alive. The joy is in the journey. With consistency you will achieve progressive results. I know a diet of lean meat, whole grains, fruits and vegetables is nutritious for me. I avoid drinking alcohol, coffee, or soda. As a professional Fitness Specialist in this community I truly enjoy fitness training with individuals and teaching group exercise classes with people of all ages.
"The aspect that I like best about working with people is engaging adults and children in understanding the benefits of exercise, movement and proper diet for their overall optimal health while helping them to improve performance of their bodies to achieve and maintain the body shape they desire. I am grateful to continue to have the opportunity to help others reach their goals."
- From: New Hampshire
- Service specialty and certifications: Yoga Instructor, Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor, Zumba Instructor and Foam Rolling.
- Philosophy: I have been involved in health and fitness my entire life. Growing up I studied and competed in dance, taekwondo, field hockey, cheerleading and gymnastics. As a coach, I practice a holistic approach to fitness. By becoming a better listener to our bodies’ subtle messages we can both prevent injury and create infinite progress.
"You are the author of each moment you live."